Nominate your Tourism Champion!
USAID’s Tourism For All Project is organizing an awards ceremony to recognize people who have made an outstanding contribution to tourism in Timor-Leste. You can nominate any individual, company or organization who has gone the extra mile to make you feel welcome as a visitor, or who has helped to create exceptional experiences for tourists. You could also propose an individual who has worked for many years to develop or promote the tourism industry in this country. Your nominee does not necessarily have to be directly employed by a tour operator, hotel or restaurant. We are looking for Champions who have shown the spirit of hospitality in their actions, by offering a warm welcome to guests, and by creating superlative tourism experiences.
It only takes a couple of minutes! Please share the link with your friends.
Closing date for nominations is Friday, September 14th, 2020. You may NOT nominate yourself, family members or staff or owners of companies where you are employed.
- Winners will be selected by a panel according to a scoring system based on the following criteria:
- Sustained effort in supporting the development of tourism in Timor-Leste and in promoting the country’s tourism assets and products (especially on a voluntary basis)
- Exemplary customer service by individuals working in the tourism industry
- Response to tourists in difficulty or with special needs
- Actions that demonstrate a strong spirit of hospitality and community welcome
- Application of the principles of sustainable tourism